Friday, July 12, 2013

Lots of Excitement!

This is going to be mine!!!
Wow! Where has the time gone? I haven't blogged in a few weeks, even though it was one of my goals. I have been very busy training, and my mind and body are so tired at the end of the day, I just cannot get it together to blog!! I need to schedule some time to blog!

Wanted to just give a very quick update! I know I am never quick, I am a very long winded writer!

I just wanted to share my excitement! My sister registered for the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon!!!!! Woot!
I cannot express how excited I am about this! First off I am excited that I will not be traveling to Disneyland alone!! But I am excited to share the RunDisney experience with her!! This will not only be her first 1/2 marathon but also her first ever race!!

Post Run Coffee!
My sister is a much better and faster runner than I am, so I know she will have no problem running this race. She has also vowed that she will run with me and not race ahead! So, this will be the first 1/2 marathon that I have run with someone! Very exciting!

I have a very big surprise for her as a thank you for signing up! -- I will announce that later!! :)

This week has been very, very exciting! Having my sister register for the race was just part of the excitement! Here are the other exciting things happening -->

1. I found an amazing new running route! Next week I am going to post some pictures, and more info about this amazing route. I have lived in the same town pretty much all of my life, and I never knew this area existed! It is always exciting to find a new place!!

Shoe Blow out!
2. As many of you know, I love Newton Running shoes (I swear by them!). Well, my favorite shoe is the MV2, but I have had some issues with it tearing. This week, my 3rd pair torn!! I tweeted Newton, and they are not only sending me a new pair, they are sending me the newest version of the shoe the MV3....they are not even for sale yet! I am so excited to try them out!!

3. It is a double messy race weekend for me! I am running a mud run (with 20 obstacles) on Saturday and the Color Run on Sunday! I have never done anything like this before, so I am excited (and nervous!!) for these experiences!! Look for my race recaps and LOTS of pictures!!

Keeping it short! Have a great weekend everyone!

What are you all up to this weekend? Racing? Running? Resting?

No comments: